Permits, Applications & Licenses
Permitting & Inspection Services:
The Village of Saukville shares Building Inspection and Permitting Services with the Village of Grafton. Building, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection Systems Permit and Inspections Services are administered and serviced by the Village of Grafton Inspection Department. Residents and business owners are reminded that a permit is required before any construction work is started. In some cases Village of Saukville Committee approval is required.
- Questions concerning these permit requirements and processing should be directed to:
New Online Building Permit Portal Announcement - Oct. 11, 2021.
- Effective Jan. 1, 2022, all permits issued through the Village of Grafton Inspection Dept. will go fully digital. Permits submittals will be accepted online only through the SmartGov Permit Portal. Please contact the Village of Grafton at 262-375-5305 with any questions.
- Fire Suppression & Fire Alarm System Permits Required:
- The Village of Saukville requires a completed permit application for all new and alterations to existing Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm Systems. See Fire Protection Systems Permit & Info.
The Village of Saukville will continue to administer permits and provide inspections as required for signs, fences, committee review (business change of use, construction and zoning related), right of way, and special event. Contact the Village of Saukville for information on these permits - 262-284-9423.
- See PDF "Links" section below.